Safe At Home, Inc.
There are many key components that contribute to the cycle of relationship abuse. Spotting those
components/signs can be very helpful if you or someone you know ever falls victim to abuse. Abuse can look like:
- Guilt trips
- Relocating you from everything and everyone you know
- Threatening to gain custody of your children and take them from you
- Constant put-downs
- Provocative behavior with the opposite sex
- Using money to control
- Constant calling or texting when you are not with them
- Humiliating or embarrassing you
- Social isolation, making you feel completely alone
- Domination and control
- Threatening to harm themselves if you leave
- Physical abuse
Knowing that these are not acts of love is the first step to realizing there is a problem at hand.